Boss Rush Cheat Unlimited Potion Timer
During the Boss rush you cannot use your adventure pouch (-) button.
But if you take potions before talking to the thunder dragon you can have the effects for at least 3 rounds.
This works for the Invincible as well as the Stamina Potion+, which usually only lasts three minutes but during for some reason lasts longer during the boss fights.
Select a boss you have trouble with at the start and beat him easily.
Boss Rush (Thunder Dragon’s Lightning Round) Rewards
After reviving the Thunder Dragon in Lanayru Gorge, he’ll provide Skyward Sword’s version of Boss Rush Mode: The Thunder Dragon’s Lightning Round. You can only fight the bosses you’ve already fought, so the final boss is off limits until you get all the way back to the Thunder Dragon through Hero Mode.
You can win awards for beating bosses, but you can only win one award for each round since you have to quit to take the prize. You also get a 50 Rupee bonus for beating each boss the first time…
Save File Triforce
Beat the game on Hero Mode and save it to unlock a Triforce by your Save File.
Gratitude Crystal Rewards
Return Gratitude Crystals to Batreax for the following rewards:
- 5 Crystals – Medium Wallet (Holds 500 Rupees)
- 10 Crystals – Heart Piece
- 30 Crystals – Big Wallet (Holds 1000 Rupees), Cursed Medal
- 40 Crystals – Gold Rupee
- 50 Crystals – Giant Wallet(Holds 5000 Rupees)
- 70 Crystals – 2 Gold Rupees
- 80 Crystals – Tycoon Wallet (Holds 9,000 Rupees)
Hero Mode (Second Quest)
Hero Mode is the name of the 2nd quest of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Hero Mode is a similar concept to Master Quest of The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. It is a more difficult version of the game unlocked after completing the main quest. Enemies will deal more damage and will not drop hearts upon defeat, forcing Link to rely on potions and the occasional seat for healing. Bugs and Treasure carry over from your previous save file. Your save file is overwritten upon completing the game if you choose to continue into Hero Mode.
Boss Rush Potion Effects
If you carry the Potion Medal in your pouch during boss rush, the effects of the potions will last the double amount of time (6 minutes).
Avoid the Groosenator
In the third fight with The Imprisoned the Groosenator’s bomb supply will be blocked, and Groose will tell you to come up to him. However, you don’t have to listen to him. Wait until the center hole (it’s at the very bottom) bursts out with air. You’ll go up in the burst of air an then begin to skydive. The Imprisoned will almost be at the sacred temple, but you’ll make it if you time it right. skydive through the halo and then run to the spike, hitting it downward three times to finish the fight.
Skyward Strike Charge Moves
After charging the Skyward Strike you can perform a few different attacks:
- Horizontal Slash / Vertical Slash – A circle of energy cuts through enemies
- Thrust – A “beam” of energy travels a bit further than the slash
- Spin Attack – Spinning after charged results in a larger Spin Attack radius
How to Draw on Goddess Walls
Goddess Walls can be found in every area of Hyrule. They are marked by a Blessed Butterfly swarm. Approach the Butterflies and play your Goddess’s Harp and the wall will appear. You can then perform a Skyward Strike while directly facing the wall to institute a drawing minigame. For this game you need to draw an item in ONE STROKE. You should try to avoid going over the same line twice.
You can draw several things on the wall to make items appear:
- Draw a Heart to make a bunch of Hearts appear
- Draw a circle to make 30 Bombs appear
- Draw a rupee to make a bunch of rupees appear
- Draw an arrow, facing to the right, with feathers on one end and a triangular point at the other to make 30 Arrows appear
- Draw a Triforce for a Pink Fairy bonanza (3-5)
Infinite Rupees (Treasure Farming)
You can sell treasures in order to make a lot of rupees. Visit Rupin in his house on Skyloft during nighttime and he will buy your treasures. Sleep in his bed and then talk to him again if he doesn’t want to but the bugs you are trying to sell.
Land at the Bird Statue between the Sealed Grounds and the Wood Entrance (the area where you can find Gorko). You will see a couple of small birds right in front of the statue. Catch the to get Bird Feather|Bird Feathers. Run away from the bird spot and then run back to and you will notice that the birds are back. Catch more, rinse and repeat. Finally, go back to Skyloft and sell them to Rupin. The Bird Feathers only sell for 20 rupees each, but in rare occasions you will see a small blue bird among them. Catching these awards you with a Blue bird feather, which can be sold for 100 rupees each.
Infinite Rupees (Bug Farming)
Selling insects is a pretty good way to make rupees early in the game (as soon as you get the Bug net). You can sell them to Strich in his room at the Knight academy during nighttime. Sleep in his bed and then talk to him again if he doesn’t want to but the bugs you are trying to sell.
Starry Fireflies are very easy to farm and can be sold for 30 rupees each. Enter the pub on Pumpkin Landing and sleep in one of the beds until night. Go outside and you should see up to 3 Starry Firelies flying above the pumpkins. Catch them and then go back to sleep until the next night. Repeat until you are satisfied and then sell them to Strich.
The Moonlight Merchant (“Infinite” Treasures!)
If you head into the Waterfall Cave on the east side of Skyloft at night, you should see Blessed Butterflies flying around about halfway through the cave (just before the steep incline).
Play your harp to summon The Moonlight Merchant — a very special Gossip Stone. You can buy these rare treasures from him, which is often much easier than finding them in the wild!
- Dusk Relic – 100 Rupees
- Evil Crystal – 100 Rupees
- Monster Horn – 100 Rupees
- Blue Bird Feather – 200 Rupees
- Goddess Plume – 200 Rupees
- Golden Skull – 200 Rupees
Sit Down to Replace Hearts
If you come across a stool or small chair, sit down and your hearts will slowly refill!
Heart Piece Locations
There are a total of 24 Heart Pieces in Skyward Sword, making up a total of 6 extra Heart Containers. You’ll find the locations for all 24 Pieces of Heart, cataloged by area, below:
- 1 (Goddess Cube, Deep Woods) Activate the Goddess Cube outside the Skyview Temple entrance. Chest appears on a small island south of Skyloft.
- 2 (Goddess Cube, Temple of Time) In the area outside the Temple of Time there is a mine cart and a robot blocking the path that upgrades your map to have multiple waypoints. The Goddess Cube is east of here along the mine cart track. A Timeshift Stone above the area will allow you to push or ride the mine cart to the edge of the Timeshift Stone’s effect. Another Stone is across the gorge. Activate this with the Hook Beetle and get in the mine cart. Charge a Skyward Strike and hit the Goddess Cube as the mine cart passes it. The chest it opens is on Beedle’s Island in the northeast of the sky.
- 3(Goddess Cube, Faron Woods) You need the Water Dragon’s Scale for this Heart Piece. After you gain access to the top of the Great Tree in Faron Woods, you can drop off the ledge on the northeast side of the tree and fall to a platform with the Goddess Cube on it. You can see this cube from the viewing platform with the Bird Statue in the north.
- 4 (Goddess Cube, Pirate Stronghold) You need the Clawshots for this Heart Piece. After opening the jaws in the Pirate Stronghold, you’ll find yourself outside. Turn around and look for a Clawshots target up high. This leads to the Goddess Cube.
- 5 (Goddess Cube, Volcano Summit). The cave leading to the Fire Sanctuary entrance has one exit that leads to a waterfall with the source of water you can use to douse the frog statue flames. You can run off the cliff by this waterfall and fall far below to a Goddess Cube. You need to maneuver around a pillar to land on the platform with the Cube.
- 6 (Goddess Cube, Eldin Volcano) You need the Water Dragon’s Scale for this Heart Piece. On the eastern side of Eldin Volcano, in the far north, is a long sand slide. Take the left side and aim for the left platform with a Dig Spot on it. Below this is another platform with a Goddess Cube on it. This opens a chest in center of the town of Skyloft. Unfortunately, you need to be able to swim under water to get to the area it’s in.
- 7 (Faron Woods) The central tree in the northern portion of Faron Woods has many roots. One root leading up from the south leads to a rope that you can cross to this Heart Piece.
- 8 (Between Sealed Grounds and Faron Woods) Gorko will give you a Heart Piece for showing him how to draw things on the Goddess Wall by the shrine entrance. You can keep returning to this spot to show him how to draw Bomb, Arrows, Heart and Fairy symbols. After you draw the heart, he’ll give you this Heart Piece.
- 9 (Faron Woods) You need the Bomb Bag for this Heart Piece. Near the entrance to the path to the Sealed Grounds on the west side of Faron Woods proper is a Bombable Wall. Destroy it to find this Heart Piece.
- 10 (Skyview Temple) In the area where you get the Beetle, use it to hit a switch high above the bottle-like structure. This opens a gate with the Heart Piece inside.
- 11 (Pumpkin Landing) Inside the Pumpkin landing pub, run upstairs and roll into a rafter to bring down the Heart Piece.
- 12 (Pumpkin Landing) Finish all of the required tasks for the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin (see Pumpkin Landing): Pumpkin Soup delivery; Pumpkin Harvest; and Kina’s song.
- 13 (Skyloft) Bring 10 Gratitude Crystals to Batreaux for a Heart Piece.
- 14 (Skyloft) In Zelda’s room. You can see it through a crack in Karane’s wall. In order to get there, you will need the Clawshots. Climb up to the roof of the Knight Academy and aim your Clawshot under the roof of the chimney. Let go and fall down into a room above the Bath. Climb through the small hole and drop down into Zelda’s room. Open her Cupboard to find the heart piece.
- 15 (Skyloft) A Heart Piece can be purchased in Beedle’s Shop for 1600 rupees. You’ll need a pretty big Wallet for this.
- 16 (Skyloft) After finishing the Fledge’s Workout Side Quest, find Fledge in the pumpkin patch on Skyloft. Get a score of 600 points in the Pumpkin Pull game to earn a Heart Piece.
- 17 (Eldin Volcano) A Heart Piece is above the area in the southwest of Eldin Volcano, but you can’t snatch it with the Beetle. Instead, send the Beetle past it and run it into a bomb by the shelled Pyrup. This should take it out so you can run all the way around and grab the Heart Piece. Set a waypoint marker on your map so you can navigate your way over to it.
- 18 (Fun Fun Island) After Fixing Fun Fun Island, you can play a game called Dodoh’s Drop. Get a perfect score to get this Heart Piece. This means you need to drop through all five rings, for a x10 score multiplier, and land on the 50 Rupee (multicolored) space.
- 19 (Lanayru Desert) You need the Clawshots for this Heart Piece. In the northeast of Lanayru Desert proper is a Bombable Wall. This leads down a long path of Clawshots targets and Chuchus. The Heart Piece is in a Chest at the end of the path.
- 20 (Sandship) You need the Clawshots for this Heart Piece. Once you make your way through the crow’s nests of the Sandship you’ll have access to the rear of the ship. You can use the Clawshots to reach a Clawshot Target that lets you drop down the back side of the ship. A Chest here contains the Heart Piece.
- 21 (Shipyard) Once you finish the Sandship, return to the Shipyard and you can play a minigame called Rickety Coaster. Complete the Expert course in 65 seconds to get a Heart Piece.
- 22 (Fire Sanctuary) You need the Mogma Mitts for this Heart Piece.In the northwest corner of the Fire Sanctuary is a dig spot, just before the river of lava. You’ll have to catch a Mogma in the tunnel to get the Heart Piece.
- 23 (Volcano Summit) You need the Mogma Mitts for this Heart Piece. At the entrance to the Fire Sanctuary you can find a Gossip Stone with a dig spot in front of it. A Heart Piece can be found in here.
- 24 (Lanayru Gorge) After reviving the Thunder Dragon you can play the Lightning Round/Boss Rush mode. Beat four consecutive bosses and quit to win this Heart Piece.
Gratitude Crystal Locations
Here are the locations of the 80 Gratitude Crystals in Skyward Sword.
15 Gratitude Crystals in the wild:
- (Skyloft) In Link’s Room.
- (Skyloft) On the base of the Tower of Light in Skyloft
- (Skyloft) Behind a tree in the pumpkin patch on Skyloft
- (Skyloft) In Parrow and Orielle’s house, under the Bazaar. These are the brother and sister from the Missing Sister Side Quest.
- (Skyloft) Walk northwest of the Bazaar and drop off a ledge. Between the sections of wood plank walkway you’ll find this Crystal.
- (Skyloft) In a plant by the upper entrance to the Knight Academy in Skyloft.
- (Skyloft) Walk off the edge of the cliff by the windmill on the west side of town.
- (Skyloft) Take the path through Waterfall Cave. On the far side is a Crystal by the Bird Statue.
- (Skyloft) Take the path through Waterfall Cave. On the far side is a Crystal where you freed your Crimson Loftwing.
- (Skyloft) In the rafters of the Sparring Hall. Use the Beetle to grab it.
- (Skyloft) On a floating island above Waterfall Cave. Grapple up here with the Clawshots using the vines. This is in the water at the edge of the falls. You may be able to get it with the Beetle from the ground.
- (Skyloft) In Zelda’s room. You can see it through a crack in Karane’s wall. In order to get there, you will need the Clawshots. Climb up to the roof of the Knight Academy and aim your Clawshots under the roof of the chimney. Let go and fall down into a room above the Bath. Climb through the small hole and drop down into Zelda’s room. You will see the Crystal in the room. A Heart Piece can also be found in the room in Zelda’s cabinet. And don’t forget to sit in her chair and read her diary!
- (Pumpkin Landing) In the pumpkin shed on Pumpkin Landing
- (Pumpkin Landing) There is a Gratitude Crystal in the Lumpy Pumpkin on Pumpkin Landing on the second floor
- (Beedle’s Island) Fall asleep in Beedle’s bed in Beedle’s Shop. When you wake up you’ll be on Beedle’s Island at night. A Gratitude Crystal is in the propellers of his ship. Collect it with the Beetle.
65 Gratitude Crystals from Side Quests:
- Lost Child – 5 Crystals
- Missing Sister – 10 Crystals (5 from the brother, 5 from the sister)
- The Haunted Restroom – 5 Crystals
- Fledge’s Workout – 5 Crystals
- Missing Baby Rattle – 5 Crystals
- Plow Needed – 5 Crystals
- Missing Crystal Ball – 5 Crystals
- Beedle’s Missing Beetle – 5 Crystals
- Item Check Crush – 5 Crystals
- Cleaning Pipit’s House – 5 Crystals
- Fixing Fun Fun Island – 5 Crystals
- Strange Plant Wanted – 5 Crystals
8 Easter Eggs
Play the Harp in the Credits
If you beat the game, you will see the credits, if you hold down the A button and moved the Wii Remote, you will listen to the Harp Melody!
Link’s Face In Groose’s Punching Bag
When you go to Groose’s Room, you will find a Punching Bag at your right if you look closely by using the dowsing ability or other, you will see Link’s face in the middle of Groose’s Punching Bag !
Fun With Gossip Stones
Like in Ocarina of Time, You can use items to do various things to gossip stones(and the Sheikah Stone).
- Bow – Shoot the eye and a Green Rupee comes out
- Bombs – Place a bomb near the stone and it will fly into the sky, just like in Ocarina of time
- Gust Bellows – Blow on the stone and it will shrink
- Whip – Lock-on to the stone and you can attach the end of the whip to the stone
The Rupee thing can be done as long as you have arrows, but other than that the rest are just fun things.
Rainbow Creature Skydiving Team
Go to Pumpkin Landing and stay high in the air so you have a lot of room to skydive. Center yourself above the island and hop off your Loftwing while keeping Link horizontal and at a steady speed. When you come upon a circle of multicolored creatures they will attract to you and form a shape around you. If you can successfully manage to touch each one and create a formation before you hit the ground they will reward you with a prize.
Beedle’s Back Door
If you don’t buy anything in Beedle’s Shop, he activates a trap door as you leave and you’ll fall to the ground below.
How to Get Into Zelda’s Room
Zelda’s room is locked, but you can enter it via a chimney on the roof. Climb around to the roof using the ledge by the upper entrance to the Knight Academy.
Use the Clawshots on the target on the top of the chimney’s reverse side and you can get inside the Academy. If you do this at night, Gaepora will be taking a bath below the spot where you land!
Crawl through the passage and you can access Zelda’s room. Here you can do several things:
- Examine Zelda’s Diary by sitting in her chair.
- Get 1 Gratitude Crystals (only at night).
- Get a Heart Piece out of the cabinet.
- Look at the Tingle doll (see below).
25th Anniversary Reference
Before the wing ceremony race the person with the white hair says this is the 25th annual wing ceremony, and this game is in celebration on 25 years of The legend of Zelda
Skyward Sword’s Ocarina Easter Egg
If you play the Skyward Sword theme backwards it resembles ‘Zelda’s Lullaby,’ the first Ocarina song you learn in The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time!