Sony has introduced during their show at the Tokyo Game Show its new version of PlayStation 3, the long awaited Super Slim. Much smaller than its predecessor, the Japanese company will release the new console later this month. Learn all the technical details and key images that have been published.
During this soon ending summer, with discussion on the next generation of consoles, jumped noticeably surprising news: Sony was planning to release a new PlayStation, yes, but actually a PS3 version, which would be named Super Slim. It was revealed by a series of documents that were leaked and it revealed a console much smaller than its predecessor, which would mean a significant reduction in price.
But despite these grounds there were those who believed in the accuracy of the news, and even Sony came out to supposedly disprove this (although rather they devoted to contradict the details of what was being said).
That is why many have been taken by surprise the main announcement that the company has carried out during their presentation at the newly opened Tokyo Game Show. There, Sony has presented the results of such documents, or what is the same, the new PlayStation 3 Super Slim, whose characteristics we have been learning throughout the day and we have come up with the latest, along with the most representative images of the new console.
Actually Sony will be selling three different models, two of them for each market: Japan, America and Europe, though of course with common characteristics, including size, which amounts up to 25 percent smaller than its previous version, the PS3 Slim. Its exact size is 290 mm high, 60 mm thick and 230 mm wide, with a weight of 2.1 kilograms, making it also almost half the size of the original PS3.
Here we leave you with the rest of general characteristics:
- Product code: CECH-4000series (Charcoal Black / White Classic)
- CPU: Cell Broadband Engine
- GPU: RSX
- Audio: LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC.
- Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
- Storage: CECH-4000A (Flash Memory 12GB) CECH-4000B (500GB HDD * 1)
- Outputs / inputs: 2 Hi-Speed ??USB (USB 2.0)
- Network connections: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 1 IEEE 802.11 b / g, Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
- Control: Wireless Controller (Bluetooth) AV output
- Resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL territory 576p, 576i)
- HDMI OUT connector
- AV MULTI OUT connector
- DIGITAL OUT (optical)
- BD / DVD / CD Drive (Read Only), BD Ă— 2 (BD-ROM) DVD Ă— 8 (DVD-ROM) CD Ă— 24 (CD-ROM)
- Power: AC 220-240, 50/60Hz * 4
- Power consumption: 190W approximately
Sony has also facilitated the launch price of the different models, specified by region:
- Europe: The first to arrive will be the 500GB model, next September 28 for 299 while a special 12GB Flash Memory model will arrive on October 12 for 229 euros.
- America: The 250GB model will be released on September 25 for $269, while the 500GB will on October 10 for $299.
- Japan: Both models will be released on October 4, for 24,900 and 29,800 yen respectively.
What do you think of the latest activity of Sony? Do you think this has something to do with this announcement with the arrival of Wii U? Do you think it will be a further boost in sales of PlayStation 3?
Get involved visit the Forum
Filed Under: News
About the Author: Loves Playing The Latest Video Games!