Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding outfit:
Button Man: Successfully complete the Badge Pursuit Challenge by collecting all 20 hidden shields. This suit gives all weapons extra ammunition. This costume was a pre-order bonus in the USA, Canada, and Australia from GameStop/EB Games, and GAME in the UK. The pre-order bonus also came with “The Naked City” downloadable content.
Chicago Lightning: Sign up for the Rockstar Social Club. This suit increases your accuracy with shotguns and machine guns.
Golden Boy: Start the Traffic Desk.
Hawkshaw: Reach Rank 18. This costume allows you to take more damage.
Sunset Strip: Reach Rank 8.
Sword Of Justice: Reach Rank 3.
The Broderick: This costume was a pre-order bonus from Amazon, and may become purchasable as downloadable content in the future. This suit increases melee damage and your resistance to damage.
The Outsider: Reach Rank 13.
The Sharpshooter: This costume was a pre-order bonus from Best Buy in the US and Canada, and Zavvi in the UK, and may become purchasable as downloadable content in the future. This suit increases your accuracy with pistols and rifles. The pre-order bonus also came with the Nickel Plated Pistol.
Search the indicated location to find corresponding car:
Cadillac Series 75 Town Car: This car is found in the garage of the Alaco Station in Hollywood. The garage is located on the corner of Avenue and Fountain Avenue.
Chrysler Woody: This car is found in a residential garage at the end of a long alley located to the west of 7th Vermont Avenue and Wilshire. The door is located on the side of the garage facing the house.
Cisillia Coupe: This car is found in the Wilshire division. It is hidden behind the Angel City Security Garage door of Alaco Station. This is located on the corner of Vermont Avenue and Melrose Avenue. You will need to use the unlocked door next to the garage door. Enter the building to find the car. You can also find this car during “The Studio Secretary Murder” case when you start chasing James Tiernan.
Cord 810: This car is found in an old two story building on Mateo Street. It is located at the bottom of the angled driveway. Enter the garage through the door. You can also get this car during the “Hotel Bandits” case.
Davis Deluxe: This car is found in a residential garage on the border of Hollywood and Wilshire. This is located near Melrose Avenue, Wilton Place, and Western Avenue. You will need to use the side door with the golden handle to find the car.
Search the indicated locations to find the Gold Film Reels. There are 12 Gold Film Reels in the Hollywood area, 12 Gold Film Reels in the Wilshire area, 10 Gold Film Reels in the west side of the Central area, and 16 Gold Film Reels in the east side of the Central area.
1. The Big Sleep: Go to Hollywood Blvd. At the far west end of the road, you should see an intersection and a trolley tack. The track loops around a water tower. Underneath the tower you will find The Big Sleep Golden Film Reel.
2. Nightmare Alley: Go to the intersection of Ivar Ave and Franklin Ave. Locate the shopping center with a row of green trees in front of its parking lot. To the left of the store, you should see a large billboard for Capt’n Saltee potato chips. Underneath this billboard are a few dumpsters, and to the right of the dumpster is the Nightmare Alley Golden Film Reel.
3. Brute Force: Go to Schrader Blvd, which is a small road in the middle of the Hollywood division. There are a few small roads that branch off Schrader Blvd. One of those roads is a dead end; follow that road to the end. You will find the see the Brute Force Golden Film Reel on the sidewalk in front of a football field.
4. The Letter: Go to Selma Ave, just east of Las Palmas Ave. There will be a row of homes with a red brick ground. Walk up the stairs of the first home on the left. Around the corner you will find The Letter Golden Film Reel.
5. Gilda: Go to the intersection of De Longpre Ave and Cahuenga Blvd. At the corner is a gas station. Behind the gas station, between the two palm trees, you will see some dumpsters. On the ground near the dumpsters is the Gilda Golden Film Reel.
6. Where The Sidewalk Ends: Go to Sunset Ave, in between El Centro Ave and Argyle Ave. There is a movie theater that is playing “The Big Sheep” and “The Lady From Shanghai”. Under the awning and behind the ticket booth is the Where The Sidewalk Ends Golden Film Reel on the floor.
7. In A Lonely Place: Go to the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and El Centro Ave. Go to the mini golf course. In the middle of the course, on the eighth tee, shaped like a circle, you will find the In A Lonely Place Golden Film Reel.
8. Sunset Boulevard: Go to the far west end of Melrose Ave. About a half a block from the end of the road is a small courtyard in-between two buildings. In front of the tree and on the ground is the Sunset Boulevard Golden Film Reel.
9. The Women In The Window: Go to the corner of Wilton Place and Lemongrove. On the southern side is a row of homes. Go to the backyard in-between the second and third building. There is a tree and picnic table, and The Women In The Window Golden Film Reel is on the picnic table.
10. The Spiral Staircase: Go to the corner of Santa Monica Ave and Wilton Place. On the north-east side of the the road is a small park with a playground, field, etc. Under the tree near the bird-bath is The Spiral Staircase Golden Film Reel.
11. Odd Man Out: Go to the southern area of St. Andrews Place, near the corner of St. Andrews Place and Sunset Blvd. One unnamed road goes through a small development of approximately a dozens homes. Find this road, go down it, and locate the dark blue house. Behind this house and on the floor of the backdoor is the Odd Man Out Golden Film Reel.
12. The Night Of The Hunter: Go to the north-west end of Fountain Ave. Locate the Hillside Motel. At the end of the parking lot is a swimming pool. On the ground at the far end of the poolside is The Night Of The Hunter Golden Film Reel.
13. The Narrow Margin: Go to the unnamed crossroads in-between Lemongrove Ave, Santa Monica Blvd, Hobart Blvd, and Ardmore Ave. On the northwest side of the intersection, you will see a large tan colored house with red shingles. Behind this house is a pool and fountain. Under the fountain is The Narrow Margin Golden Film Reel.
14. White Heat: Go to the middle of the road on Mariposa Ave. Imagine that Lemongrove Ave kept going east. It line’s up almost exactly as to where you must stop in the middle of the road on Mariposa Ave. Once there, you will see a few apartment buildings. Find the apartment that has dark green paint on the bottom half and light green paint on the top, with dark green paint on the roof as well. Go around this apartment, and walk up the stairs in the back. The White Heat Golden Film Reel is sitting on the ground on the second floor balcony.
15. Thieves’ Highway: Go to Rosewood Ave, in-between Harvard Ave and Kingsly Dr. You should be right next to a gas station and drive-in restaurant. Walk inside the restaurant to find the Thieves’ Highway Golden Film Reel on the counter in the middle.
16. Crossfire: Go to the corner of Melrose Ave and Heliotrobe Dr. You should see a billboard with Cola King on it. Behind that billboard is a warehouse and parking lot with a lot of trailers. In front of the first trailer, on the ground, is the Crossfire Golden Film Reel.
17. M: Go to the corner of Berendo St and Rosewood Ave. Locate the tall three story yellow brick house. Next to that is a two story green house with an orange roof. Next to the green house is a small white house. In-between the green house and white house is a seesaw in the yard. The M Golden Film Reel is next to the seesaw.
18. The Killers: Go to 1st St, right in-between the “W” and “I” in the word “WILSHIRE” on the map. On the north side of the road they are doing construction all over the land. Go inside the building on the southeast side of the property. Inside the building that is still under construction, you will see The Killers Golden Film Reel. Note: There are many buildings that look similar, so it is easy to get lost and confused. Just make sure you go to the building that is right next to 1st St and on the southeast side of the whole property.
19. The Set-Up: Go to the intersection of 6th St and Berendo St. On the northeast side of the intersection are two red houses and a blue house in the middle. Go behind the blue house to find The Set-Up Golden Film Reel on the ground next to the backdoor.
20. The Lady From Shanghai: Go to where Council St meets 1st St. Once there, you should see a baseball field. The Lady from Shanghai Golden Film Reel is sitting on top of the pitcher’s mound.
21. Laura: Go to the unnamed road underneath the second “I” in the word “WILSHIRE” on the map. There is a park at this location. It is in-between the park and unnamed road near 2nd St. 2nd St starts on the west/left of the park, and stops where the park appears, and comes back on the east/right side of the park. Inside the park is a playground. Past the playground are a few picnic tables. Right next to a tree, on a picnic table, is the Laura Golden Film Reel.
22. The Third Man: Go to the street right above the “E” in the word “WILSHIRE” on the map. This road is connected to Beverly Blvd. Go to the northeast side of it, the tip, where it becomes a loopy road. Look for the large red bricked three to four story building. Behind that, there are no “real” roads, as it is the outskirts of the city. Go behind the building, and look for a dirt path. Follow the dirt path up the hill and onto an overlook. In-between two benches on the hill you will see a tree. Under the tree is The Third Man Golden Film Reel.
23. The Killing: Go to the corner of 6th St and Hoover St. Look for the huge church. You can enter through the gate at a few spots, but you need to go to the southwest entrance. Just left of the front doors is a small bush. The Killing Golden Film Reel is on the ground in front of the bush.
24. Shadow Of A Doubt: There are two entrances to the airport, where you will find this Golden Film Reel. The easiest one to find is at the end of Coronando St. Go to the north-most area of the road. You will see an unmarked road that turns into the airport of the west/left. Go to that road, driving is recommended because it is a long walk. Go past the first parking lot and set of hangers. Keep going until you see two red airplanes. In-between the two red airplanes is a small hanger. Inside the small hanger, right in front of the airplane, is the Shadow Of A Doubt Golden Film Reel.
Search the indicated locations to find all 30 Landmarks:
- 1. National Biscuit Company
- 2. 6th Street Viaduct
- 3. 4th Street Viaduct
- 4. L.A. Cold Storage Co.
- 5. Union Station
- 6. El Pueblo de Los Angeles
- 7. Chinatown
- 8. Hall of Records
- 9. The Bradbury Building
- 10. Angels Flight
- 11. Pershing Square
- 12. L.A. Public Library
- 13. Main St. Terminal
- 14. RKO Theatre
- 15. Los Angeles Examiner
- 16. Christ Crown Of Thorns
- 17. Intolerance Set
- 18. The Mayfair Hotel
- 19. The Good Samaritan Hospital
- 20. MacArthur Park
- 21. Park Plaza
- 22. L.A. County Art Museum
- 23. Westlake Tar Pits
- 24. Bullocks Wilshire
- 25. Brown Derby
- 26. Crossroads Of The World
- 27. Musso & Franks
- 28. Max Factor Building
- 29. Hotel Roosevelt
- 30. Grauman’s Theater
Search the indicated locations to find all 13 Newspapers:
- Newspaper 1 – SHRINK SAYS: “The Mind is the Final Frontier”
- Desk: Patrol
- Case: “Upon Reflection”
- Location: In the first alleyway during the first crime scene, along the right wall you should see some crates lined up; the newspaper is sitting on one of them.
- Newspaper 2 – ALIENIST FONTAINE: Provides Help to Troubled Vets
- Desk: Traffic
- Case: “The Driver’s Seat”
- Location: In the Black’s house, go to the dining room to find the newspaper on the table.
- Newspaper 3 – SHRINK TO THE STARS: Promises Mental Breakthrough
- Desk: Traffic
- Case: “A Marriage Made In Heaven”
- Location: Inside of Ray’s Cafe, on the bar in front of Dudley Lynch is the newspaper.
- Newspaper 4 – DOPE FLOODS STREETS: Cops Chase War Surplus Contraband
- Desk: Traffic
- Case: “The Fallen Idol”
- Location: At Silver Screen Props, the newspaper is sitting on the workbench in the alley.
- Newspaper 5 – FAMILY BURNT TO DEATH: Cops Say House Fire Deaths Are Suspicious
- Desk: Homicide
- Case: “The Red Lipstick Murder”
- Location: Inside the Henry Residence, the newspaper is on the floor as soon as you walk through the door.
- Newspaper 6 – MISSING MORPHINE: Cops Say: Goons Fighting Dope War
- Desk: Homicide
- Case: “The White Shoe Slaying”
- Location: At the Hobo Camp, the newspaper is inside of Stuart Ackerman’s shack.
- Newspaper 7 – MICKEY COHEN: Heir Apparent To Bugsy Siegel
- Desk: Vice
- Case: “The Black Caesar”
- Location: Inside the Ramez Removals warehouse, the newspaper is on the desk along the wall.
- Newspaper 8 – ALIENIST FONTAINE: Working Selflessly To Help The Infirm
- Desk: Vise
- Case: “The Set-Up”
- Location: Inside the American Legion Stadium, the newspaper is on the training table.
- Newspaper 9 – LAPD VICE SCANDAL: Could Go All The Way To The Top
- Desk: Vice
- Case: “Manifest Destiny”
- Location: Outside of Haskell’s Finest Men’s Wear, go to the alley where the shooting occurred. Next to the first person who was killed is the newspaper.
- Newspaper 10 – HOUSING DEVELOPMENT BURNS: Ex-Servicemen Irate As GI Houses Razed
- Desk: Arson
- Case: “A Walk In Elysian Fields”
- Location: At the burned down house of Morelli, follow the right side to the fence to find the newspaper on the ground in the corner.
- Newspaper 11 – SUBURBAN REDEVELOPMENT: Fund Promises 10,000 New Homes
- Desk: Arson
- Case: “A Polite Invitation”
- Location: Inside Leland Monroe’s mansion, after you beat him up, look in his office to find the newspaper on his desk.
- Newspaper 12 – CRUSADE AGAINST CORRUPTION: Peterson Pledges To Clean Up LAPD
- Desk: Arson
- Case: “A Different Kind Of War”
- Location: Inside the Rapid Exterminators building, right as you enter, the newspaper is on the front desk.
- Newspaper 13 – THE FACE OF PROGRESS: Says Mayor Of Developer Leland Monroe
- Desk: Arson
- Case: “A Different Kind Of War”
- Location: In Dr. Fontaine’s Surgery center, at the crime scene. The newspaper is on Fontaine’s desk.
Search the indicated locations to find all 20 hidden shields and complete the Badge Pursuit Challenge to get the Button Man outfit (exclusive bonus pre-order DLC in the USA, Canada, and Australia from GameStop/EB Games, and GAME in the UK):
- 1. Grauman’s Theater: As you face the theater, there is the large red carpet. There are two small red carpets; one on each side of the entrance to the theater. The badge is on the left small carpet.
- 2. Hotel Roosevelt: In the front door area on the street.
- 3. Max Factor Building: Drive a car through the fenced in area; it is on the ground by the dumpster.
- 4. Musso And Franks: Around back in the parking lot under the green awning entrance.
- 5. Crossroads To The World: As you look at the main central attraction, walk forward, and there is a small path to the other side a few feet in. The badge is in the middle of this path.
- 6. West Lake Tar Pits: On the porch of the small white building by the tar pits.
- 7. LA County Art Museum: As you face the front of the Museum, go to the right to the Staff Parking area. Hug the building, and take the first left down a thin hedge lined path that ends in a metal staircase. The badge is in front of these stairs.
- 8. Bullocks Wilshire: Enter the atrium, and go down the set of stairs on the left. The badge is at the bottom.
- 9. Intolerance Set: When you fast travel to this location, you are placed in front of a gate. Drive your car through the gate to get inside. Then, go in the right hallway, turn left, and go down some stairs. The badge is in this narrow hall.
- 10. Macarthur Park: On a barrel by the paddle boats.
- 11. Los Angeles Examiner: On the corner of a planter in the back left of the building.
- 12. Rko Theater: On the ground at the main entrance in front of a movie poster.
- 13. LA Public Library: In the back there is a pipe you can climb. Get on some scaffolding to get to the main roof area. Go left to find two large cylinder tanks on both sides of a platform. Jump up on that platform to find the badge.
- 14. Pershing Square: There is an old railway car turned into a diner. The badge is on the condiment table beside it.
- 15. Hall Of Records: Go inside to find it on the right side of the reception desk.
- 16. Union Station: Go in the front door, and take a left. It is on the third ticket booth from the right.
- 17. Chinatown: In the far west side of Chinatown, between two statues in a narrow alleyway.
- 18. Angels Flight: Under the tracks on the bottom side.
- 19. 4Th Street Viaduct: Go underneath, and at the canal there is a center support with a ladder. The badge is on top.
- 20. Main Street Terminal: Up on the tracks in front of the red subway car.
During many interviews, you can get up and walk out of a house or building to cause the game to auto save. Then, return to the interview and begin it. If you make bad choices, simply go back to Xbox 360 home screen or reset the game. Reload your game, and you should start from the auto save before the interview. Repeat this as many times as desired.
When chasing a suspect on foot or in a vehicle, hold B to keep an eye on them. This makes chase scenes much easier.
When you get near a suspect on foot, press A repeatedly to tackle them.
In a car chase, pull up alongside a driver to have your partner fire at him. If he shoots a tire, the car will slow down, emitting sparks from one wheel. A quicker way to take out a driver is to slam into a rear wheel, spinning the car out of control. You can also t-bone a suspect at an intersection to take them out.
Do not waste time on things like cigarette butts, liquor bottles, and other similar items, as they are solely meant to throw you off as you investigate a crime scene. Usually a bit of dialogue will tell you that the object you have picked up is not related to the case.
In the “Silk Stock Murder” case, after you investigate the long blood trail leading onto the roof, examine the body and find all the clues to be returned to your car. Instead of leaving, turn around and investigate the alley behind you to find a trash can with a cowboy hat in it. This is John Marston’s hat from Red Dead Redemption.
The following is a list of the vehicles in the game:
- 1. American LaFrance Fire Truck
- 2. Buick Ambulance
- 3. Buick Convertible
- 4. Buick Eight Coupe
- 5. Buick Super
- 6. Cadillac Series 62
- 7. Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
- 8. Cadillac Series 75 Town Car
- 9. Cadillac V-16
- 10. Chevrolet 3100
- 11. Chevrolet 3100 Tow Truck
- 12. Chevrolet Combination Car
- 13. Chevrolet Fleetmaster Convertible
- 14. Chevrolet KC
- 15. Chevrolet Master
- 16. Chevrolet Roadster
- 17. Chevrolet Styleline
- 18. Chrysler Airflow
- 19. Chrysler DeSoto
- 20. Chrysler DeSoto Taxi
- 21. Chrysler New Yorker
- 22. Chrysler Woody
- 23. Cisillia Coupe
- 24. Cisitalia 202 Coupe
- 25. Cord 810
- 26. Davis Deluxe
- 27. Delage D8-120 S
- 28. Duesenberg J Walker Coupe
- 29. Ford Coupe
- 30. Ford DeLuxe
- 31. Ford DeLuxe Convertible
- 32. Ford Police Special
- 33. Ford Super DeLuxe Convertible
- 34. Frazer Manhattan
- 35. Hot Rod
- 36. Hudson Commodore
- 37. Hudson Super Six
- 38. International D-Series
- 39. International D-Series Paddywagon
- 40. International KB7
- 41. Kaiser DeLuxe
- 42. Lincoln Continental
- 43. Lincoln Continental Convertible
- 44. Lincoln Zephyr
- 45. Mercury 8
- 46. Nash 600
- 47. Nash Ambassador
- 48. Oldsmobile 90
- 49. Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser 98
- 50. Packard Clipper
- 51. Plymouth P5
- 52. Plymouth Special Deluxe Six
- 53. Pontiac DeLuxe
- 54. Stout Scarab
- 55. Studebaker Champion
- 56. Studebaker Champion Police Special
- 57. Talbot-Lago T26
- 58. Tucker Torpedo
- 59. White Model 798 Bus
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Asphalt Jungle (15 points): Chase down and tackle a fleeing suspect on foot as an LAPD Detective.
- Traffic Stop (15 points): Disable a suspect vehicle with help from your partner.
- Not So Hasty (15 points): Stop a fleeing suspect with a warning shot as an LAPD Detective.
- Shamus To The Stars (80 points): Complete all story cases with a five star rating.
- The Brass (30 points): Achieve maximum rank.
- The Plot Thickens (15 points): Find and solve an inspection puzzle.
- Golden Boy (15 points): Clear a case finding every clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- The Straight Dope (15 points): Use evidence to prove a lie as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- One For The File (15 points): Find and inspect a clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- The City Of The Angels (80 points): Reach 100% Game Complete.
- The Up And Up (30 points): Complete a story case with a five star rating.
- The Long Arm Of The Law (30 points): Complete all street crime cases.
- A Cop On Every Corner (15 points): Complete a single street crime case.
- Johnny On The Spot (30 points): Respond to 20 street crime cases.
- Public Menace (30 points): Rack up $47,000 in penalties during a single story case.
- The Moose (15 points): Follow Candy Edwards without using cover or incognito, except when starting or picking up the tail.
- Star Map (15 points): Discover all landmark locations around the city.
- The Third Degree (30 points): Correctly branch every question in every interview in a single story case.
- The Hunch (30 points): Use four intuition points in a single interview session, correctly branching each question.
- Auto Fanatic (30 points): Drive every vehicle in the city.
- Hollywoodland (30 points): Find and inspect all gold film reels.
- Auto Collector (15 points): Drive 40 different vehicles.
- Keep A Lid On (15 points): Complete a brawl without losing your hat as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- Auto Enthusiast (15 points): Drive 5 different vehicles.
- Lead Foot (15 points): Keep the needle above 80mph for more than ten seconds while driving.
- Miles On The Clock (15 points): Drive more than 194.7 miles.
- Magpie (80 points): Find and inspect 95% of all clues.
- The Shadow (15 points): Tail a suspect without being spotted, in a single case.
- Roscoe And Friends (15 points): Kill at least one bad guy with every gun.
- Wooden Overcoats (30 points): Bring down a total of 30 bad guys with head shots.
- Dead Men Are Heavier (15 points): Shoot and kill a total of 100 bad guys.
Additionally, there are nine secret achievements:
- Stab-Rite (15 points): At Ray’s Cafe, find the bloodstained knife on your first sweep of the crime scene.
- No Rest For The Wicked (15 points): Complete all cases on the Vice desk.
- Moth To A Flame (70 points): Complete all cases on the Arson desk.
- The Simple Art of Murder (15 points): Complete all cases on the Homicide desk.
- Police Academy (15 points): Complete all cases on the Patrol desk.
- Paved With Good Intentions (15 points): Complete all cases on the Traffic desk.
- Huckster (15 points): At Elysian Fields, outwit Leland Monroe when discussing his developments or advertising campaign.
- Round Heels (15 points): At the Bamba Club, get Dick McColl to give up the license plate of Celine Henry’s male companion.
- The Fighting Sixth (15 points): At the Bus Shooting, talk Felix Alvarro into giving up the Marines involved in the Coolridge heist.
The following achievement requires the “A Slip Of The Tongue” bonus downloadable content:
- The Printer’s Devil (20 points): Complete ‘A Slip of the Tongue’.
Additionally, there are three secret achievements with the “A Slip Of The Tongue” bonus downloadable content:
- Racing For Pinks (20 points): Find and inspect all of the Marquee-printed pink slips.
- Femme Imb?cile (20 points): Correctly branch every question in the interview with Jean Archer.
- Chop Shop (20 points): During the Industrial Street raid, kill a goon by shooting the hanging engine block.
- Nowhere In A Hurry (20 points): Catch and arrest Cliff Harrison before he is stopped by uniformed backup.
The following achievement requires “The Naked City” bonus downloadable content:
- Eight Million Stories (20 points): Complete ‘The Naked City’.
Additionally, there are three secret achievements with “The Naked City” bonus downloadable content:
- A Good-Looking Corpse (20 points): Find and inspect all of the narcotics in Julia Randall’s apartment.
- Fakeloo (20 points): Tail Henry Arnett from Hollywood Station to the pawnbroker and travel agent without being spotted.
- Chauffeur Service (20 points): Escort Heather Swanson to Arnett’s apartment without damaging your vehicle.
- Give My Regards (20 points): Shoot every letter down from the tower at the Broadway Hotel.
Get involved visit the Forum
Filed Under: Xbox 360
About the Author: Loves Playing The Latest Video Games!